17.1.07

BBC Idents: Old vs New

Is it just me or did the old idents invoke a much warmer feeling in the viewer? people and communities coming together to celebrate the "oneness" of the BBC. The new ones are really clever as short films, and the effects are fabulous, but they are much colder and seem to be more about finding the flashiest way to create a "0" rather than invoking any emotion.

I do appreciate that sometimes familiarity leads to emotion so maybe the new ones will grow on me... Which ever way I look at idents, I would love the job of producing them. I believe they work out to be the most expensive produced television per second - if you dont take into account that they will be repeated thousands of times during their lifetime.
- Paul Williams

Compare below
2002-2006


2006-

No comments:

Post a Comment